The first point of contact with questions about available library resources on Psychology should be directed to librarian Amy Poon, her office location is 310J Scott library, Phone ext 22406.
Please contact Associate Dean – Collections & Research Adam Taves regarding major purchases, and general order inquiries.
Library resources recommended for Psychology faculty.
- Scholars Portal : Scholars Portal is a service of the Ontario Council of University Libraries. Founded in 2002, Scholars Portal provides a shared technology infrastructure and shared collections for all 21 university libraries in the province. Through the Scholars Portal online services, Ontario’s university students, faculty and researchers have access to an extensive and varied collection of e-journals, e-books, social science data sets geo reference data and geospatial sets. Scholars Portal also supports the online inter-library loan platform for Ontario’s universities and provides support for citation management systems, a virtual chat reference service and other tools designed to aid and enhance academic research in Ontario.
- Libraries' Research Support: York University Libraries provide a broad range of expertise and services to support research & publishing.
- York Libraries - Faculty/Instructor Support: To support your teaching and research, the Libraries have a wealth of resources, facilities and services available to York’s Psychology faculty members. Whether you need to place an item on reserve, or book a video for your class, or you’re in the process of organizing or publishing your research.
- SPARK for Faculty: SPARK (Student Papers and Academic Research Kit) is a modular, online tool which helps students to identify and develop the skills required to write academic essays.
- Open Access Publishing Toolkit Guide : York University Libraries Open Access Author Fund.
- Ebook Central: Offers authoritative e-books (formerly Ebrary and EBL titles) in a wide range of subject areas including Psychology. Proquest E-Book Central help guide.